It's not an accident that musicians become musicians, and engineers become engineers: it's what they're born to do. And when they tune into their purpose, and truly align that purpose with their vision…well, then they’re capable of doing great things.
At Advanced Test and Automation, we believe that we’re doing great things too. Our purpose and our vision, is to make transportation safer the world over, by turning revolutionary ideas into reliable products.
Modern transportation forms the bonds of relationships, connects people, and keeps the world turning. It is critical to ensure that the components that make this possible, function at the highest and safest level.
ATA is dedicated to making this vision a reality. If you are looking to join a company with a true sense of purpose, where you can use your significant technical expertise and outgoing personality to create meaningful connections with clients, then we want to hear from you.
Advanced Test and Automation has over a decade of expertise in developing customized test solutions for critical automotive components such as pumps, heat exchangers, and electrified powertrain components. As our newest sales engineer, you will combine your deep technical engineering background with your excellent sales skills to support our business development efforts, and create great content for our customers.
Your main goal in this role is to take the story and vision of ATA, and position it in a way that creates meaningful links between our product and the needs of our customers. Your content will demonstrate to the client that our testing solutions are a game-changer for their business. You create the “wow” moment where customers come to understand how we can completely change their process.
To be successful in this role, you have excellent writing and content creation skills. You are able to take complex technical information, distill it, and present it in a compelling manner for all audiences. Your technical expertise means that you have credibility, and the ability to speak authoritatively with other engineers, while your social and communication skills let you build great relationships with non-engineers.
You’re also a great listener. You truly hear and understand customer needs and pain points, and are able to provide excellent solutions to meet those needs.
On a practical level, you will:
- Support our business development and account management efforts through your ongoing sales work
- Create compelling and informative sales and marketing materials that communicate our vision, mission, and product capabilities
- Give technical presentations to clients, create and lead webinars, and maintain client relationships by phone or on-site visitations
- Continually build product knowledge and expertise through ongoing training and development
- Work effectively in a team based environment
Working @ Advanced Test and Automation
This is a full-time permanent position, working out of our modern, state-of-the-art office and shop. We offer an attractive starting salary range of $75,000-$95,000/year commensurate with experience. There will be very occasional travel required.
If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, with lots of room for advancement and growth, this could be the place for you. Every one of our employees is an engaged and valuable contributor to our mission. We respect each other, and trust and rely on each other to execute with excellence.
If you’re looking to be a part of something bigger – a stable, progressive, and mission driven company, and you have these qualifications, we want to hear from you:
- University degree or college diploma in mechanical technology, industrial engineering, or a related field
- Certification as an Engineering Technologist
- P.Eng designation an asset
- Experience working as a machinist, technician, or engineer in the automotive or transportation industry
- Solid background experience in hydraulic, electrical, or mechanical systems
- Knowledge of Google for Business, including Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slide, and Gmail, would be an asset (or general knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet tools)
- Experience with any CRM software (ie.Salesforce)
- Experience in a technical sales role
- Experience in a role requiring content creation, including written, visual, and online material