It's not an accident that musicians become musicians, and engineers become engineers: it's what they're born to do. And when they tune into their purpose, and truly align that purpose with their vision…well, then they’re capable of doing great things.
At Advanced Test and Automation, we believe that we’re doing great things too. Our purpose and our vision, is to make transportation safer the world over, by turning revolutionary ideas into reliable products.
Modern transportation forms the bonds of relationships, connects people, and keeps the world turning. It is critical to ensure that the components that make this possible, function at the highest and safest level.
ATA is dedicated to making this vision a reality. If you are looking to join a company with a true sense of purpose, where you can put your significant design skills to meaningful use, then we want to hear from you.
Business Development Rep
Advanced Test and Automation has over a decade of expertise in developing customized test solutions for critical automotive components such as pumps, heat exchangers, and electrified powertrain components. As our newest BDR, your primary goal will be to nurture business opportunities for our ECT™ Systems and modules and ATA Accurate™ calibration service.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Following up on leads captured through inbound marketing channels
- Identifying decision makers within targeted companies and divisions
- Making outbound follow-up calls to existing customers to cross-sell and up-sell
- Handling inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales qualified leads
- Entering new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the CRM
- Executing inbound and outbound marketing strategies, including maintenance of marketing channels
- Identifying and executing new targeted marketing campaign opportunities
- Engaging in ongoing training on ECT™ modules and applications
- Engaging in ongoing training on B2B selling techniques
- Collaborating with application engineering and business development teams to execute on strategic sales opportunities
- Overcoming objections of prospective customers
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, creative marketing and other activities
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and value proposition
Working @ Advanced Test and Automation
This is a full-time permanent position, working out of our modern, state-of-the-art office and shop. We offer an attractive starting salary range of $35,000-$45,000/year commensurate with experience. You need to be willing to travel on occasion, domestically and internationally.
If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, with lots of room for advancement and growth, this could be the place for you. Every one of our employees is an engaged and valuable contributor to our mission. We respect each other, and trust and rely on each other to execute with excellence.
If you’re looking to be a part of something bigger – a stable, progressive, and mission driven company, and you have these qualifications, we want to hear from you:
- A university or college diploma in marketing or commerce with a marketing focus
- 0-3 years of direct work experience in a sales or telesales capacity; a background in dealing with the public in some capacity is ideal
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills with the ability to work independently
- Exceptional verbal/written communication and presentation skills appropriate for dealing with engineering managers and executives
- Strong knowledge of productivity software (i.e. especially Keynote/PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Excellent listening skills
- High energy and entrepreneurial spirit with an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to perform algebraic mathematics, measurement unit and currency conversions
- Knowledge of CRM software (i.e. Salesforce) is an asset
- Knowledge of marketing automation software (i.e. Hubspot, Mailchimp) is an asset
- Automotive industry experience is an asset
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally is an asset
- Professional proficiency or working knowledge of Mandarin Chinese, German or Spanish an asset
- Experience with creative graphics and/or video software (ie. Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut) an asset