It's not an accident that musicians become musicians, and engineers become engineers: it's what they're born to do. And when they tune into their purpose, and truly align that purpose with their vision…well, then they’re capable of doing great things.
At Advanced Test and Automation, we believe that we’re doing great things too. Our purpose and our vision, is to make transportation safer the world over, by turning revolutionary ideas into reliable products.
Modern transportation forms the bonds of relationships, connects people, and keeps the world turning. It is critical to ensure that the components that make this possible, function at the highest and safest level.
ATA is dedicated to making this vision a reality. If you are looking to join a company with a true sense of purpose, where you can put your significant design skills to meaningful use, then we want to hear from you.
Advanced Test and Automation has over a decade of expertise in developing customized test solutions for critical automotive components such as pumps, heat exchangers, and electrified powertrain components. As our newest industrial designer, your main goal is to conceptualize and design the testing platforms that our customers rely on.
We like to think of our testing platforms as Lego constructs – any one part can be connected with another, to create a new platform that meets our customer’s needs. This is what makes us unique, and is the concept that will drive your work. You’re able to conceptualize big picture designs, and break them down into their component ‘Lego’ pieces.
You have a solid understanding of hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems, and knowledge of how to design across those platforms. We want you to use this knowledge to create components that will fit in any place, in any design. You’re well organized, have great attention to detail, and work a steady pace that allows you to meet all deadlines.
You also have terrific communication skills, and build strong relationships with the rest of the ATA team and your clients.
You’ll have a high degree of self-management in this role, one that requires you to be flexible, and take a multi-disciplined approach to design. You take ownership of your projects, have good self-initiative, and are a decisive and critical thinker – you can take information and advice, and distill it down to make great decisions for the benefit of the company.
On a practical level, you will:
- Generate design models and drawings using 3D SolidWorks
- Work with, and support, manufacturing throughout the design process
- Communicate effectively with customers to ensure your designs meet needs and specifications
- Work effectively to deliver efficient and consistent designs that meet project budgets and timelines
- Overcome design challenges with patience, creativity, and attention to detail
Working @ Advanced Test and Automation
This is a full-time permanent position, working out of our modern, state-of-the-art office and shop. We offer an attractive starting salary range of $50,000-$60,000/year commensurate with experience.
If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, with lots of room for advancement and growth, this could be the place for you. Every one of our employees is an engaged and valuable contributor to our mission. We respect each other, and trust and rely on each other to execute with excellence.
If you’re looking to be a part of something bigger – a stable, progressive, and mission driven company, and you have these qualifications, we want to hear from you:
- Engineering degree or certified engineering technologist
- Expert level knowledge of 3D SolidWorks – knowledge of Pipe Routing, Sheet Metal, Framing, and electrical add-ons and toolkits is an asset
- Experience working as an industrial designer in the automotive or transportation industry
- Any experience working as a mechanical technologist
- Solid background experience in hydraulic, electrical, or mechanical systems
- Experience with air, fluid, and sensor systems would be a huge bonus
- Knowledge of Google for Business, including Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slide, and GMail, would be an asset (or general knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet tools)
- Experience presenting designs to customers, and working in an iterative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills