It's not an accident that musicians become musicians, and engineers become engineers: it's what they're born to do. And when they tune into their purpose, and truly align that purpose with their vision…well, then they’re capable of doing great things.
At Advanced Test and Automation, we believe that we’re doing great things too. Our purpose and our vision, is to make transportation safer the world over, by turning revolutionary ideas into reliable products.
Modern transportation forms the bonds of relationships, connects people, and keeps the world turning. It is critical to ensure that the components that make this possible, function at the highest and safest level.
ATA is dedicated to making this vision a reality. If you are looking to join a company with a true sense of purpose, where you can put your significant mechanical and technical skills to meaningful use, then we want to hear from you.
Advanced Test and Automation has over a decade of expertise in developing customized test solutions for critical automotive components such as pumps, heat exchangers, and electrified powertrain components. As our newest mechanical technician, your primary goal will be to oversee the assembly and implementation of our machines for our customers.
In this role you will be acting as the face of the company, as the majority of your work will be performed on-site with our clients. Your terrific mechanical and technical skills mean that you are able to confidently perform the initial startup and testing of our products, as well as any necessary troubleshooting and service calls. On top of your significant technical background, we would also love for you to have experience or exposure to the LabVIEW software system.
You are also highly detail oriented, and possess excellent project management skills. You can capably handle multiple processes at once, with the ability to harness and manage outside resources as necessary. You are solution oriented, have a very high standard of quality, and a commitment to excellence.
As an on-site representative of the company, you also have excellent people skills. You can walk into any environment, and easily relate to a wide variety of people, from contractors to owners and executives to engineers. You’re able to build relationships and you have strong communication skills. All of these qualities also serve to make you a great mentor, and you will gradually seek to build and mentor a team of fellow technicians.
On a practical level, you will:
- Implement start-up and testing processes of new machinery
- Read mechanical and electrical drawings and interface with engineering design team to recommend updates and changes as required to support production
- Build and maintain ongoing and existing customer relationships by serving as representative of ATA
- Travel regularly to client sites, including international travel
- Work closely with customers to ensure machines are running at exact specifications and meet client needs
- Perform any troubleshooting and repair as necessary
Working @ Advanced Test and Automation
This is a full-time permanent position, working out of our modern, state-of-the-art office and shop. We offer an attractive starting salary range of $55,000-$65,000/year commensurate with experience. You need to be willing to travel regularly (up to twice a month) domestically and internationally.
If you’re looking for a real career opportunity, with lots of room for advancement and growth, this could be the place for you. Every one of our employees is an engaged and valuable contributor to our mission. We respect each other, and trust and rely on each other to execute with excellence.
If you’re looking to be a part of something bigger – a stable, progressive, and mission driven company, and you have these qualifications, we want to hear from you:
- A valid passport, and ability to travel internationally for up to a week at a time
- University degree or college diploma in mechanical technology, industrial engineering, or a related field
- Certification as an Engineering Technologist
- Experience working as a machinist, technician, or engineer in the automotive or transportation industry
- Experience as a mechanical field engineer
- Knowledge of LabView software an asset
- Experience reading mechanical and electrical drawings
- Solid background experience in hydraulic, electrical, or mechanical systems
- Knowledge of Google for Business, including Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slide, and Gmail, would be an asset (or general knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet tools)
- Excellent communication skills, and experience in a customer facing role