It's not an accident that musicians become musicians, and engineers become engineers: it's what they're born to do. And when they tune into their purpose, and truly align that purpose with their vision…well, then they’re capable of doing great things.
At Advanced Test and Automation, we believe that we’re doing great things too. Our purpose and our vision, is to make transportation safer the world over, by turning revolutionary ideas into reliable products.
Modern transportation forms the bonds of relationships, connects people, and keeps the world turning. It is critical to ensure that the components that make this possible, function at the highest and safest level.
ATA is dedicated to making this vision a reality. If you are looking to join a company with a true sense of purpose, where you can put your significant design skills to meaningful use, then we want to hear from you.
ATA Accurate™ Services Leader
Advanced Test and Automation has over a decade of expertise in developing customized test solutions for critical automotive components such as pumps, heat exchangers, and electrified powertrain components. As our ATA Accurate Services Leader, your primary goal will be to develop offerings and execute calibration services for our ECT™ Systems and modules through our branded ATA Accurate™ calibration service.
- Works closely with the Business Manager to develop and execute a strategic plan (RPP) to rapidly grow the ATA Accurate Services.
- Develops & executes a plan to maintain and expand A2LA lab accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025 in order to be the best in class provider for ATA test systems and services.
- Drives positive developments in productivity and utilization by creating and applying innovative process improvements.
- Prepares the technical content for proposals (including cost) such that the sales managers can deliver quotes within 24 hours of request.
- Reviews jobs with customer prior to job start. (Checklist to be included in job network drive).
- Maintains a network based master schedule (resource & equipment)
- Has a thorough operational knowledge of each piece of measurement equipment in the lab.
- Works side-by-side with other ATA personnel as necessary to run tests at ATA's facility.
- Assists Engineers and Technicians as necessary to ensure orders and services are completed on time.
- Maintains a record of budgeted costs versus actual costs (on a per service basis).
- Schedules and attends to calibration service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates service repairs, maintenance and calibrations for lab equipment used for the business.
- Ensures the network based customer job file is organized and complete (Podio, Google Drive, Cad files, Drawings, Quote, PO. Job Checklist, meeting minutes).
Working @ Advanced Test and Automation
This is a full-time permanent position, working out of our modern, state-of-the-art office and shop. We offer an attractive salary range of $60,000-$70,000/year commensurate with experience. You need to be willing to travel on occasion, domestically and internationally.
If you're looking for a real career opportunity, with lots of room for advancement and growth, this could be the place for you. Every one of our employees is an engaged and valuable contributor to our mission. We respect each other, and trust and rely on each other to execute with excellence.
If you're looking to be a part of something bigger - a stable, progressive, and mission driven company, and you have these qualifications, we want to hear from you:
- A university or college diploma in a Technical field relating to calibration
- 5-10 years of direct work experience in a calibration capacity; a background in dealing with a variety of customers in some capacity is ideal
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills with the ability to work independently
- Exceptional verbal/written communication and presentation skills appropriate for dealing with engineering managers and executives
- Strong knowledge of calibration theory
- Excellent listening skills
- High energy and entrepreneurial spirit with an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to perform algebraic mathematics, measurement unit and currency conversions
- Ability to read drawings
- Knowledge of CRM software (i.e. Salesforce) is an asset
- Automotive industry experience is an asset
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally is an asset
- Professional proficiency or working knowledge of Mandarin Chinese, German or Spanish an asset.