ECT applied to EPS.
Once your product emerges from the production line, you need confidence that it meets all specifications and exceeds test standards. This priority was evident for a power steering component manufacturer who required an end-of-line test stand for their electric power steering (EPS) module. The client needed a compact, flexible and expandable test system to accommodate current and future models of the product. ATA engineers also incorporated a simplified loading & unloading procedure for quick part changes which improved test efficiency.
Design considerations and elements for testing included:
- torque vs. speed profiles
- gearbox sizing of output shaft
- inline torque measurement and safety torque-limiting clutch
- mounting fixture to accommodate current/future EPS units
- input and output shaft interface design
- pneumatically operated linear slides
- automatic part loading and unloading
- automatic test script execution
- automated data interpretation and analysis
Data retrieved provided:
- pass/fail analysis
- measured rates of change
- curve fitting
- additional detailed reports that included actual readings, min & max limits, standard deviations, etc.
ECT solutions let you control the test parameters and specifications, enabling custom test conditions and test types.
Learn more about EPS testing:
This week, we are providing a detailed presentation and datasheet for your review. Click the button below, tell us a little bit about yourself and receive our case study materials free of charge.